In Expressen they are reporting on the interview with Agnetha from M magazine. The next issue is out in Sweden on Tuesday the 28th.
Agnetha wants to reunite ABBA! She reveals in a big interview with Amelia Adamo in M. She wants to meet the other members – and perform again.
– A reunion, a one-time basis, perhaps in connection with any charity, I think maybe we all could imagine, “says Agnetha.
Agnes has been long away from the limelight for many years. But in a major interview with Amelia Adamo in M Magazine she talks candidly about life today – and reveals that she wants to see Abba reunited on stage.
– We will hardly be reunited for a tour, like the Rolling Stones and other old bands do now. But however, I can imagine that we do something together in the future, ”
– It’s just a feeling I have that it would be fun to get together, talk a bit about the past and it may occur, something together. But it would have to be something special. A reunion, a one-time basis, perhaps in connection with a charity, I think maybe we all could imagine doing this. I am open to see them and do something, she adds, but points out that she had not had contact with Björn , Benny or Anni-Frid about this.
Had kept away
Abba split up in 1983, the chill between the members has been hard to hide. Agnetha divorced four years earlier with Bjorn and locked themselves up after Abbas’ departure. Since then she has been unavailable.
– I am very uninterested to appear in newspapers and television. Many believe that it’s just an attitude, that I want to create a sense of shyness. But I really have no desire. I got an overdose. But I have not completely pulled myself back, I have made three solo albums after ABBA-time, “.
Now she is happy with life on the farm outside of Stockholm. And music has found it’s way back to her. She sings at the piano and has a bag with half-finished songs.
Want to sing theme song
– I was 15 when I started as a vocalist in a dance band. 18 years old, I made my first album. When I was 25 we formed Abba. After Abba, I’ve done three solo albums. Maybe I have been sufficiently productive. But still, there are dreams. – I would like to sing the theme song for a feature film. Think “Titanic”! she says.
order M Magazine from Tuesday