ABBA celebrate 40 years with 40 singles!
This year marks the 40th Anniversary of ABBA’s victory in the Eurovision Song Contest with Waterloo – the start of their career as one of the biggest pop bands of all time. Polar Music International celebrates the anniversary with several releases: one of the most exclusive is the box set ABBA The Singles, which will be released 5th May.
ABBA The Singles features 40 vinyl singles released 1972–1982, the period when ABBA existed as a group. Out of these, 31 are the singles planned and conceived by ABBA’s Swedish record company, Polar Music, and issued in Sweden and/or the rest of Scandinavia: from the debut People Need Love, through legendary hits such as Mamma Mia, Dancing Queen, Knowing Me, Knowing You, Take A Chance On Me, Chiquitita and The Winner Takes It All, to the final single, Under Attack. The remaining 9 singles were only released by ABBA’s local record companies around the world.
Five of the additional singles are the German versions of Ring Ring and Waterloo, the French version of Waterloo, and the Spanish-language versions of Chiquitita and I Have A Dream (Spanish title: Estoy Soñando). The West German single Honey, Honey / Ring Ring features a 1974 remix of Ring Ring, also featured as an A-side on singles in Great Britain and Australia. The remaining three selections are ABBA songs that have become very popular over the decades, yet were originally only released as singles in a few countries. They are the Portuguese ‘Happy New Year’ single; the UK 12-inch single ‘Lay All Your Love On Me’ – presented here in 7-inch format – and the Australian release of ‘When All Is Said And Done’.
The sleeve and label of each single in the box set are exact replicas of the original issues. Only the 9 singles not originally released by Polar Music have been given new Polar labels, corresponding to the design used by Polar during the era when each single was released. The sleeves for these singles have also been slightly modified.
ABBA The Singles is a unique chance to own the classic and, in several cases, rare ABBA singles, exactly as they looked way back when. This celebration of ABBA as unsurpassable hit makers is released as a strictly limited edition – don’t miss out on the chance to own a box full of some of the best pop songs ever made!
ABBA The Singles
1. People Need Love / Merry-Go-Round
2. He Is Your Brother / Santa Rosa
3. Ring Ring (Swedish Version) / Åh, vilka tider
4. Ring Ring (English Version) / She’s My Kind of Girl
5. Love Isn’t Easy (But It Sure Is Hard Enough) / I Am Just A Girl
6. Ring Ring (German Version) / Wer Im Wartesaal der Liebe steht
7. Waterloo (Swedish Version) / Honey, Honey (Swedish Version)
8. Waterloo (English Version) / Watch Out
9. Waterloo (German Version) / Watch Out
10. Waterloo (French Version) / Gonna Sing You My Lovesong
11. Honey, Honey / King Kong Song
12. Honey, Honey / Ring Ring (remix)
13. So Long / I’ve Been Waiting For You
14. I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do / Rock me
15. SOS / Man In The Middle
16. Mamma Mia / Intermezzo No.1
17. Fernando / Hey, Hey Helen
18. Dancing Queen / That’s Me
19. Money, Money, Money / Crazy World
20. Knowing Me, Knowing You / Happy Hawaii
21. The Name Of The Game / I Wonder (Departure)
22. Take A Chance On Me / I’m A Marionette
23. Eagle / Thank You For The Music
24. Summer Night City / Medley: Pick A Bale of Cotton – On Top Of Old Smokey – Midnight Special
25. Chiquitita / Lovelight
26. Chiquitita (Spanish Version) / Lovelight
27. Does Your Mother Know / Kisses of Fire
28. Voulez-Vous / Angeleyes
29. Estoy Soñando (Spanish version of I Have A Dream)/ Does Your Mother Know
30. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) / The King Has Lost His Crown
31. I Have A Dream / Take A Chance On Me (live)
32. The Winner Takes It All / Elaine
33. Super Trouper / The Piper
34. Happy New Year / Andante, Andante
35. Lay All Your Love On Me / On And On And On
36. One Of Us / Should I Laugh Or Cry
37. Head Over Heels / The Visitors
38. When All Is Said And Done / Soldiers
39. The Day Before You Came / Cassandra
40. Under Attack / You Owe Me One